Mr. Ryan Halverson
Mr. Ryan Halverson received his Masters in Education Administration from Cal State Northridge. He also holds a Masters in Education and a California Multiple-Subject Credential. He received his undergraduate degree in Political Science from the University of Portland, a Holy Cross institution of learning. He has been in the education field for 13 years, teaching grades 5th-8th in math and science as well as teaching high school economics and government. He has been the principal at St. Cyril School since 2014. He has served as a flag football coach, a mock trial coach, and a Washington D.C. trip coordinator during his tenure in the classroom. Almost his entire career has been spent serving the Catholic school community.
Mr. Halverson’s School Administration Vision is as follows:
- To work with parents, the parish, and the community to create a school environment that promotes and reflects the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Church
- To create and maintain a safe learning environment that teaches the whole child, focusing on faith formation, character development, academic rigor, and real world skills
- To craft a school vision and set school goals that always have the school evolving and improving without sacrificing school identify and tradition
- To develop a school culture where the joy of learning and the passion for teaching is clearly visible to the community
- To have a lasting and positive impact on students and families far beyond their time in our care
Mr. Halverson has been married to his wife, Monika, for 11 years and has three wonderful children: Braedon (7 yrs. and in 2nd grade at SCJ), Kamila (4 yrs. and in preK at SCJ), and Cole (1.5 yrs.). Mr. Halverson’s wife is also passionate about Catholic education, as she teaches math at Chaminade High School in West Hills. He enjoys spending time with friends and family, eating adventurous food, traveling, and loves baseball. His personal idol is famed UCLA basketball coach John Wooden. One of Mr. Halverson’s favorite quotes is his 7-point creed:
- Be true to yourself.
- Make each day your masterpiece.
- Help others.
- Drink deeply from good books, especially the Bible.
- Make friendship a fine art
- Build a shelter against a rainy day
- Pray for guidance and give thanks for your blessings every day.
Mr. Halverson hopes you will join our great community at St. Cyril of Jerusalem!